Monday, February 9, 2009

Puke on me once...

I've been a parent for 9 years as of yesterday (happy birthday to my beautiful, incredible, HUGE boy).  You would think I'd have the sense to move my ass when I hear the words "mommy my tummy hurts" at 4:30 a.m.  (or at least the muscle memory).  But I didn't.  I was still exhausted from Saturday's Spin Teacher orientation and in the middle of that deepest sleep of the night.

I hesitated.  I asked 2 too many questions (1. Do you have to poop? 2. Do you have to throw up?) and paid dearly with a comforter, a coverlet, a sheepskin throw and an area rug.

I have spent the first day of what was supposed to be an incredibly productive week watching (OK sleeping through) a Scooby-doo movie in my bed, cuddling on the couch, doing barf laundry and staying in PJ's until 4 p.m.  I have to work on a project tonight that I had wanted to get a jump on today and now probably can't work out until at least Wednesday.

This video symbolically represents how I am feeling.  Blessed to have my adorable children, but sometimes I'd just really like to do some freakin' yoga in peace, preferably near an ocean with no one under 4 ft. 6 inches within miles.  I think I need a vacation.

Warning:  Boob alert.  Disclaimer: If this video offends you, you are reading the wrong blog.

4 comments:

  1. I'm crying that was SO FUNNY. Trying not to pee my pants.
    Thanks for making me laugh tonight, I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now THAT is hilarious and so very true!!! I am so with you on the vacation thing...yoga over an ocean...what an image!!! Thanks for the post...I will have to share it with other mamas I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, that is hilarious! I am cracking up, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, I've been slow to read my favorite blogs this week because of a weeks worth of marathon breastfeeding (I'm now good at reading and nursing and practicing commenting and nursing:-) so this post was just what I needed this morning!!

    ReplyDelete