Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fuzzy Bath Mat DEFILED!

The other night I was sitting on the couch minding my beezwax when I heard a noise that sounded like Capt'n Sully missed the Hudson this time and landed on my house.  It was my husband falling down the attic stairs.  First off, yes he's fine, but I'd rather not hear the sound of a 6'1" manly-man fall down the stairs of a 100 year old house as long as I live.

Our door to the attic has this metal grate at the foot of it to allow heat up there (I'm guessing).  When he fell, he must have put his foot out Fred Flinstone style to brake.  Instead, he went Last of the Mohicans style and managed to scalp his foot.  It was nasty pants.  After he was done bleeding all about the living room we managed to bandage him up and put him to bed.

I used to have a Golden Retriever.  He would get owies on his paws all the time and leave little bloody pawprints about the house.  Apparently I still have one.  I guess my husband didn't put it together that a gaping hole in one's foot just might continue to ooze for a few days.  He left his pawprints all over Fuzzy Bath Mat AND Towely thing #1 AND Towely thing #2.  Thank goodness I am the Stain Master Flash.

If you ever have a stain on something white than can be laundered, I have a stain removal tip for you.  Take a squirt bottle and fill it 50% with hydrogen peroxide and 50% with Original Dawn dishwashing detergent.  Just shake it up a little and you're good to go (it will turn clear after a bit).  If the stain is bad, pre-treat it and let it soak awhile.  Then launder as usual.  It works great on things that can't be bleached.  I use it on light colors if whatever it is will have to be thrown out if the stain can't be removed.  I've also used it on carpets (but I would test an area first).  

So with that little tidbit of domestic wisdom, I'm going to rock it to the bang, bang boogie, say up jumped the boogie, to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Jessa! See there you put your mind to it and poof you're all domestic and shit! Glad to hear hubby and fuzzy bath mat will both survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. Still have trouble getting dog caused stains out of my white carpet..Will save this recipe and try it.

    ReplyDelete