Monday, February 23, 2009

Chompers

I'm all for non-invasive cosmetic procedures that take years off your looks.  One thing I'm surprised more people don't think about is their teeth.  Dingy teeth make you look old and well, dingy.  There are so many products out there to help whatever your budget.

Here's my rating of what I have tried over the years on a scale of 1-10:

Crest White Strips:  6+.  Pretty good results, not a shocking difference for me but the price is affordable ($30-$40).

Go Smile:  2.  Completely a victim of a slick informercial coupled with temporary insanity and vodka.  I can't remember what it cost, but whatever it was, it was 100% more than it should have been.

Zoom Whitening:  7+.  I did this before my 20th high school reunion through my dentist.   I expected more of a "wow" effect.  It was good, but not great.  I would have been pretty bummed out about spending the cash (it was a chunk - $400) if it hadn't been for my dentist's policy of also making a tray mold for touch ups.  Which leads me to:

Professional Tray Mold and gel: 9.  I felt like I got the best results from the tray.  If I were to only have done this part it would have been half the cost at my dentist ($200).

Whatever you do, I hope you don't end up with teeth like these from the ad on my facebook page.  
WILLLBURRRR!  Talk about photoshop gone wrong.  Someone give this poor woman a carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment