Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's all for you...

The setting:  My living room, 7:50 a.m., Wednesday morning
The Characters: Me, son #1

(I'm sitting on a chair looking at my iphone, waiting for dilly dally to get his shoes & coat on so I can take him to school)

Son:  "Stop texting and let's go!"

Me:  "I'm not texting, I'm reading the news, and stop thinking you can tell me what to do.  I'm the parent, you're the child."

Son:  "Well it won't always be that way."

Me:  "Yes it will, you will always be my child."

Son:  "No, when you're old and shivery, you'll have to answer to me."

Then he shot me this look:







I did shiver a little.  

5 comments:

  1. how is nobody commenting on this? it was like the funniest thing i read all week. or was it the scariest thing i read all week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jayn! You just made my day. And honestly, it really did send a chill up my spine. I might have to start going to church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would have been even more shiver-inducing in son #2's inimitable voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the funniest parent-kiddo exchanges, EVER! Damien pic ups the comedy, too. Hilarious. Hey mama, I'm friends with Mrs.Snack. I just started reading your blog and I heart it! Can't wait to dip back into your archives to get to know you better! (in a non-stalker way, trust).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Steph! Any friend of the Snacks is a friend of mine. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete