Saturday, February 21, 2009

Let's rub this on the economy

This is an arnica flower.  Yesterday I was getting out of the shower and for some unknown reason decided to very enthusiastically hoist my leg up and out of the basin and straight into where the tile forms a corner.  Ouchy mama.

After yelling the f word 10 times give or take, I assessed the damages.  There was a seam straight down the side of the top of my knee, it was bright red and starting to swell.  Those of you who exercise on a regular basis know exactly what was going though my head.  "Great, how much/how long is this going to set me back.  Can I go to spin tomorrow? And just when I was feeling so good!"

I slathered some arnica gel on it right away.  If you don't have arnica on hand, get some.  It's amazing in my opinion, especially if you can get it on the injury quickly.  I think it works best for contusion type injuries, not as well on pulls and strains.  I fell down our front steps last winter and had the nastiest bruise ever on my ass (my 4 year old said while watching me get into the shower "mommy who spilled grape juice on your bum?") and the arnica helped it heal much quicker than it would have on its own.  You can find it at anywhere that carries homeopathic medicines or online.

Last night it hurt to walk up and down stairs.  This morning, totally fine.  Hooray for arnica!

No comments:

Post a Comment