Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mamas helping mamas

Those of you who know me in real life know that I care deeply about real things happening in the world beyond the bizarre hairs growing out of all the wrong places on my body.  This blog is just my indulgent place to talk about the latter.

I would like to take this opportunity to pitch a request out there for those of you who haven't maxed out on your 2008 donations or are looking for a last minute place to donate before the end of the calendar year (you have less than 10 hours if you live on the east coast).

Medical Teams International is an organization that we donate to every year.  I am amazed at the work they do all over the globe.  If there is a crisis anywhere, they are there.  They started in Oregon and my dentist there is one of their volunteers.  The medical personnel that go on location pay their own way and the administrative costs are very low.  

If you give a "gift of hope" through the link above there is a foundation that will match your gift.

As a mama, I can't fathom the thought of having to worry daily about my children's survival.  Thanks for listening.  

1 comment:

  1. On behalf of thousands of mothers in some of the most difficult places in our world, thanks for telling others how they can help.

    ReplyDelete