Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dreaming

I'm pretty sure the dream I had last night is about as far away from the inspiration behind the Blondie song that you can get.  This is so sad, I can't believe I'm sharing it, but that's never stopped me before right?

The dream was pretty simple.  Someone (presumably my husband) got me a new car.  It was nice.  In my dream it was some sort of sleek touring Euro Sedan (Audi-ish).  I remember the interior, black leather, dark woods.  Nice thick leather steering wheel.  I was driving it around a corner, hugging the road just like in the commercials.

Here's where the tragic part comes in.  My overwhelming emotion in this dream?  SADNESS.  All I was thinking was WHERE'S MY MINIVAN?  This car only has four, maybe five seats!  And I have to physically open the doors, they don't "greet" me with open arms at the touch of a button.  In the dream I was so torn between wanting to be grateful for the gift and hightailing it back to the house to confirm that the minivan was truly gone forever.

Thankfully when I woke up, all was well in the world and my beloved Blue was still waiting for me in the driveway ready for more adventures in Suburbia.  So here's a little dedication to Blue:

I sit by and watch the river flow.
I sit by and watch the traffic go.
Imagine something of your very own; something you can have and hold.
I'd build a road in gold just to have some dreaming.
Dreaming is free.




No comments:

Post a Comment