Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Surprise! Here's my damn list.

Not to be completely predictable or anything, but it's such a softball pitch you gotta swing right?  Plus, it will help me get the attitude adjustment I'm so badly in need of.  So here's what I'm thankful for (not in the order of importance, just the order they randomly pop into my head):

I am thankful for:

1.  The health of my children.  I love those little people with everything I am.
2.  My husband.  The rock.  The unwavering force for good.  He makes me want to be a better (wo)man.
3.  My parents, parents-in-law & extended family and their health.  I miss them terribly and feel guilty everyday that I'm not around more, but I'm thankful they are healthy and doing the things you should do after a life of hard work.
4.  My girlyfriends.  This includes you "Steve".  Don't know what I'd do without you.  And that camp song was stupid as shit, you are all gold to me.
5.  Starbucks.  Seriously.  You got me through Graduate School, infancy, toddlerhood, work and so much more.   You are my beacon in the storm.
6.  Facebook.  I can't believe there is this thing that makes me feel like I can reach out and touch the people in my life on a daily (or half hourly) basis.  It's incredible.
7.  Showtime.  Thanks for picking up HBO's fumble at the 15 yard line and running it back for a TD.  Specifically, Dexter (just thinking about the first season still makes every hair on my body stand up).  Weeds - was concerned about this last season until you introduced that HOT Mexican boyfriend, el guapo!  Californication - thank you David Duchovny for seemingly being as excited to bone the 40 year old chicks as the 20 year old ones.
8.  Costco.  Thank you for the high quality protein selection.  Thank you for lots of good seasonal produce.  Thank you for the Costco Couture.  If I didn't have your lovely selection of fleece piled high, I would freakin' freeze to death here in Jersey.
9.  My neighbors.  Jersey can be a rough place.  You make it soft and cozy.  You are the nicest neighbors I have ever had.
10.  Chicagoans.  Fate brought us together and a great friendship keeps us that way.  Thanks for the holidays, family vacations and awesome nights of Rock Band.  You are our family here and make this crazy place feel a little more like home.
11.  My own health.  Grandma Moses arthritis aside, I have been a very lucky person.  I will never take my health for granted and do my best by this one and only vessel I've been given.
12.  Being born in and living in this country. 

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!  Gobble Gobble!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are my New Jersey "sister". Holidays would be so lonely without you and your family. Besides you are way saner, smarter and funnier than my other family!! XO

    ReplyDelete