Sunday, November 23, 2008

May he never, ever change.

My eight year old is a unique individual.  While other kids in his school fawn over Hanna Montana and The Jonas Brothers, he changes his "favorite animal" on a bi-weekly basis.  Then he tells me about it.  Right now we're having in-depth conversations about Pallas cats.  

At the end of each week he brings home his "Friday Folder" that contains the work they did in class that week.  I have to share one of the pages with you all so bear with me.  The assignment was about making an inference involving dialogue.  There are three to four lines of dialogue provided and then the kid provides the last line. 

Here are the three scenarios:
#1
MOM:  Hi, Brian.  How was school today?
BRIAN:  It was great.  Wait until you hear about it.  You are going to smile from ear to ear.
MOM:  I cannot wait to hear.  What happened?
BRIAN (my son's dialogue here): I got 100 percent on my math test!  Isn't that great!?

#2
DAD:  Sean are you awake?
SEAN:  Wow, I am so tired.  I almost fell asleep right here at the baseball game.
DAD:  Well, I am not surprised after last night.
SEAN (son's dialogue):  Yeah, that sleepover kept us up until 11:00.  Urgh! 

#3
SANDRA:  What time did Tina say she will be here?
MISSY:  Right after her soccer game.  It should be any minute.
SANDRA:  I wonder what her big surprise is.  She said it definitely involves us.
MISSY:  She has been very sneaky lately, and I did hear her say something about a famous rock group.
TINA:  (Again, the son's dialogue):  I'm here!  Look at these crystals!  Are they cool or what?

God I love that boy.  And I love his teacher for giving him a big "C" on that part of the assignment even if she did pee a little from laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment