Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Inheritance? Spent it on new boobs.

I carpool/walk pool my older son and two friends to school every other week.  Last week we were in the car and they were arguing over the old "jinxed" thing.  My son and his friend said something at the same time, said "jinx" and then his friend was looking for wood to knock on.

As we were walking to the corner I explained that I thought he had two types of "jinx" confused.  The one he was referring to is the kind where someone "jinxes" you (like a sports announcer) by saying something definitely will or won't happen and then you need to find wood to knock on.  I have to use this technique frequently when my husband says that the plane will NOT crash (have you ever tried to find wood at an airport?  Impossible.).

So the friend was nodding with understanding and as they sauntered into the crosswalk where I am risking my life to stop Jersey traffic for them, I hear my son say, "wow, I guess my mom isn't such an old hag after all."

34 C please.  Nice and perky.

No comments:

Post a Comment