Tuesday, May 26, 2009

But I don't want what she's having!

Sorry if I've been a bit lame on the writing front lately.  The training for the Mom Olympics is taking it out of me.  I did a 30 mile bike ride on Saturday, burned 1200 calories and came very close to eating one of my children afterwards.  Luckily for them they looked dirty at the time.

Over the weekend I was at Starbucks (shocking, I know).  One of my baristas I have a crush on was being her normal chatty self.  She says to me "do you know that you have a celebrity look alike?"  I think "uh oh", I say "no, I didn't know that."  So here's who it is....wait for it....wait for it....

Meg Ryan.  Oy vey.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or horribly vain - but I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE MEG FUCKING RYAN.  I'm going to give my sweet barista the benefit of the doubt and assume she'd just watched Sleepless in Seattle and that she was referring to this Meg:
 








Not this poster child of plastic surgery gone to Barbara Hersheyville Meg:



But I just smiled and politely said thanks.  I didn't mention the fact that Meg Ryan is 9 YEARS OLDER THAN ME, or that her career peaked in 1993.  Or that she looks sad and crazy most of the time.

It reminds me of the time I was stupid enough to ask my husband (who I was dating at the time) which celebrity he thought I looked like.  Poor guy didn't realize that this question is a set-up.  You are not supposed to be honest (as in "no your butt doesn't look fat") you are supposed to choose someone on the upper stratosphere of attractiveness regardless of actual resemblance.  His choice:  Helen Hunt.  With the plethora of blond, straight haired women aged 20-35 he came up with Helen freakin' Hunt.  Not so mad about your choice honey.

It is fun to make eyes at him across the room every time Twister comes on cable.

2 comments:

  1. how do you feel about Reese Witherspoon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you anonymous. That's how I feel!

    ReplyDelete