Monday, January 5, 2009

Take your time do it right.

I am hereby inducting myself into the dorko hall of fame.  Word to the wise, do not shop for cosmetics while with a hungry four year old and trying to get home in time for the arrival of anxiety prone eight year old.

Here's how it went down.  I ran to Target, an approximately 8 minute drive from my house each way with traffic, with roughly 20 minutes total to get there & back and run in and look for the one thing I needed: A kids yoga dvd for a thing at my son's school tomorrow.  So this left with me four minutes to get the dvd and decide that I needed lip gloss.  I needed this lip gloss because I am addicted to lip gloss.  I can't stand the feeling of dry lips and chapstick just doesn't cut it.  I usually only use one browny color (mac viva glam) but I hate going to the mall.  So I thought, hey with all this time on my hands, why not look for a similar shade?  

Even the four year old knew better.  He kept saying "why do you need that?  Can't we just go home?"  I just grabbed something that looked remotely close and we were on our way.

Cut to a few hours later and my lips are feeling parched.  I think "ooh, I'll try that new lip gloss."  It was hideous.  And not moisturizing at all.  I thought to myself, "how can they ACTUALLY sell this it's so bad."  I considered taking it back to Target for refund.

Thankfully I didn't.  Because 2 hours later I realized it was concealer.

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel too bad happens to all of us. I accidently washed my hair with shaving gel this past Monday am. By the way, I particularly enjoy your entries regarding working out or the gym. That gym is a virtual potpourri of material; from the trainers you see hanging out with their clients at the Martini bar @ 9pm to the individual gabbing on a cellphone while "working out" on the treadmill. - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that just made me laugh so loud. I once, in a sleep-deprived, new motherhood haze, returned a whole set of towels to the manufacturer, b/c they did not hold up past a couple of washings. When the towels were returned to me, they came with a note that the company would happily have refunded my money, had they manufactured the towels.

    And I had a trainer check his email while TEACHING a class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am about to wet my pants I'm laughing so hard.
    today I was at a business lunch and applied a nice BRIGHT red lipstick before my companion arrived. 1/2 through lunch she informed me that with the help of my napkin, I wiped the lipstick of my lips and onto my cheeks where it sat while I went on about credentials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I love this blog. I AM NOT AN AN-I-MAL. And I am not alone :)

    The extra hilarious/ridiculous part of the story that I left out because it was too much detail is that I LINED MY LIPS FIRST with the side that I thought was the lip liner. Turns out it's a "brightener." I seriously looked like I'd just had a mud popsicle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo funny!!! Thank you I needed that laugh!! I can always count on you for that.

    ReplyDelete