Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The nubbin

For those of you who read my blog and think surely she must be exaggerating about things like my zits this post is for you.  A few days ago I looked in the mirror and was horrified by a huge goose egg forming on my head.  With all the supplements I've been taking, we all knew there was a possibility I might grow a third nipple.  I just didn't realize it would be visible to the world. 

Exhibit A:  The nubbin

















A second view of the nubbin to give it some perspective: 

Do you see how far this thing is sticking out?  My older son who normally would just make fun of me was very sympathetic.  "Wow mom, that looks bad.  I'm really sorry."

My husband who usually says "you can't see it" suggested ice. 

It only got worse from here.  The goose egg morphed into a big squishy Frankenstein square that took up half of my forehead.  I wore a baseball cap for two days.

The saddest part is the boob on my forehead was so much perkier than than the real ones!  Waaah!

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry, but that's funny. have you tried a HOT compress? works for me and the unwelcome "friends" who periodically visit my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg - susie, do you remember when chai had one of these? we called it her gangrene. she was sure it was going to infect her brain. healthy attitude.
    in my house when we grow these things on our faces, it is common to shout the "it is not a tumor!" line from 'Kindergarten Cop,' complete with Schwarzenegger accent.

    ReplyDelete