Thursday, April 30, 2009

Orifice update

Ears: 
Tile guy came today. I think I'm in love. Contractor love that is. I'm going to invent projects all over my house that involve tile. He calls when he says he's going to call, comes when he says he's coming, is clean, fast and reasonable. If I know you in real life and you come for a visit, don't be shocked to see a mural of the Portland, Oregon skyline on my living room wall: All in tile.

Here's the condition of the ear laboratory now:























Not as horrifying as I imagined it in my dreams.  In my dreams there were more insects.  He did have to go up a couple rows higher than he should have because of the water seepage, but the support beams look OK.  Next orifice please.

Nose:
Horrified to discover that I went through a spin class, numerous conversations with other mommies, a parent/teacher conference and the kids dentist appointments with a rogue nose hair that was so long it was curling up and around the tip of my nose.  REWIND.

Mouth:
Can't stop putting things in it lately.  Must be getting close to that time.  Also needs to be washed out with soap after cursing the new "no-kinks" hose.  It took me 45 minutes and at least eight f-bombs to get that stupid hose in the wind-up-the-hose box.  Sorry witness-protection-program-neighbor-who-doesn't-talk-so-I-didn't-see-you-weeding-your-lawn-as-I-yelled-obscenities-at-my-hose.

Rest of the orifices:
Dandy. 

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog from Fitness for Mommies. Good luck with the tri by the way. You made me laugh and a contractor that shows up on time and gets the job done in a timely fashion is under of - do not let this guy go!!

    Colorado Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert PardingtonMay 3, 2009 at 2:02 AM

    So, you've discovered "I'm a Stranger Here Myself" by Bill Bryson right? Almost done. Must read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't but I will get my bootie to the bookstore pronto like! Thanks for the recommendation, it sounds great (via Amazon).

    ReplyDelete