Sunday, March 29, 2009

The reviews are in

I got some red lipstick.  When my best girlfriend "Steve" was in town, we went to a mall that just happens to have a MAC store.  I spend a good twenty five minutes there (a good portion of which is explaining my red lipstick "issue" and that I'd really like to be able to pull it off for special occasions, etc.).  She tried a couple of shades (first one, HID. E. US.) and then we settled on one that seemed to be working.  According to MAC lady and bystander lady, Reese Witherspoon was in da house.  Niiiice.   So then we take the show from the road, home.

Reviews from home:

9 year old:
"You look CREEPY!"
"You look like Michael Jackson."
"You look SO UNATTRACTIVE."

5 year old:
(In his best sarcastic girl voice)
"Red lipstick is so orginal"  "What does original mean again?"

He's insulting me with tone.  Not even vocabulary words he knows the meaning of. 

I give up.

2 comments:

  1. Just remember darlin', these are the males in your household who think kissing is gross...it's what your man thinks and probably more so what YOU think (ok and your girlfriends) that counts! I bet you look smokin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy #1's response made me snort! i think we should make red lipstick mandatory for dinner next week.

    ReplyDelete