Friday, March 13, 2009

The POOP on GOOP

I'm a little late to this party but after all the hubbub on Gwyneth Paltrow's new web site GOOP, I had to check it out for myself.   It doesn't suck.  I love the simple design.  I like the topics.  She got a lot of flack in the press for her lack of expertise (i.e. why should we listen to you about anything other than how to rock an english accent, look super innocent and bag a rock star) but she's obviously a ridiculously connected person and fills her site with mucho info from experts in their respective fields.

My favorite entry so far was a newsletter on parenting that I found very insightful.  I signed up to receive the newsletters and find myself actually reading them.  If nothing else, it makes me feel closer to Gwyneth, which in turn makes me feel closer to Chris Martin, which in turn makes me pant just a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny. Ever read Back in Skinny Jeans on GOOP or Never Say Diet on GOOP?? They all bagged on her to NO END. I did see the video of her w/ her trainer working out for 2 + hours jumping around ropes like ninnies. That trainer said women should never lift more than 3 POUNDS. Insanely ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually must be really behind the times because I didn't even know about this website but I have to thank you for enlightening me...I really like it. I have always had a lot of respect for Gwyneth when I saw her interviewed on Oprah at age 25 with such an honest, open heart, full of humility and an eagerness to grow spiritually and not get caught up in all the glitz and glamor that was surrounding her at the time...as far as celebrities go, she is a pretty cool one IMO! Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! Glad you liked it. And I'll have to check those sites you mentioned, I hadn't seen them. 3 pounds? Puh-leeze.

    ReplyDelete