Friday, September 11, 2009

And here we are

I'm packing my bags for the triathlon folks.  We leave tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. for Long Island (about 1 1/2 hour drive) then the actual event starts at 6:30 a.m. Sunday.  I'm going to bring my computer so I can blog before and after.  Until then, here's a nice little story from this week to tide you over:

I went to the dermatologist to have an annoying mole taken off my left arm.  It was right by my watch band and kind of scratchy.  My son (the picker) would poke at it all the time.  In other words, it bugged the crap out of me.

So my adorably cute, petite and YOUNG dermatologist comes bopping in.  I show her the mole.  She looks at it with her super hero, super power magnifying glasses and says "that's not a mole, that's a wart.  But honey, if it makes you feel better, you can call it whatever you want."  Lovely.

Whatever "it" was, it's GONE BABY GONE.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely indeed.

    GOOD LUCK! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wart is way better than skin cancer. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete